I am not actually stuck at home anymore, thank god! We have regular school (even without masks in class!), but the cases are on the rise again in Germany, so you never know what might happen next! Anyways, we all know the feeling too well by now, so let’s get into it! Thanks so much for tagging me, Aria: please check our her awesome blog!!
- Thank the person who nominated you
- Answer all the questions down below
- Pingback to the creator: Ellyn @ Allonsythornraxx
- Nominate 5+ bloggers you’d like to know more about, to do this tag
#1 What are you currently reading?
Yup, another Harry Potter marathon: this time, book one! One of my friends (the only one of two that reads :)) is also having a marathon and so that’s the perfect timing! To be fair, I’m currently at Diagon Alley, so not even half-way done, but I plan to finish it next week!
This book won’t ring a bell for more than 99% percent of you: firstly because it’s in German and hasn’t been translated yet and secondly, because it addresses the German reunification (do other countries even learn about this in their history class, please comment that would be super interesting to know!!!) and the long term division of East and West mentality. And because the 3rd of October marked the 30 year anniversary of the reunification and my politics teacher’s best friend actually wrote it, I chose to educate myself on this subject a bit further.
This might not make sense to people outside of Germany who aren’t accustomed to this particular issue, but the different mentalities (or the fact alone that people still believe people from East and West Germany even have different mentalities) is a pressing and never ending topic that has caused outrage, discrimination and has been discussed over and over.
#2 What’s your favorite “can’t leave the house activity”?
Well, I would say I have more than one for different occasions!
- For a simple weekend at home: Netflix and a home-cooked meal by moi, (plus friends if possible)!
- For a cosy evening: my bed, a dessert at hand, Netflix and a book!
- Back in quarantine stuck at home all day: one workout a day to keep my mind from thinking “I did something productive today”!
#3 A book you’ve been meaning to read for forever!
There were many many many books to choose from, but especially in regards to the 3rd of November (go vote if you live in the US!!!!), I chose Becoming by Michelle Obama because there is nothing I miss more about the US than the Obamas!
#4 An intimidating book on your TBR list?
Well, Wuthering Heights would definetely be my number one because I once started it and quit after 10 pages because I was like “hell no, let’s add that to my TBR and make it future me’s problem”. I mean: there are two characters that start with H and Emily Bronte had the audacity to write “… said H.” – I mean what?
#5 Top three priority books on your TBR?
- Mario und der Zauberer by Thomas Mann: well, another German classic with no English title, but it would be “Mario and the wizard”. Not voluntary, I have to read it over the fall break for school 🙂 but only 100 pages and so I’ll survive!
- A Court of Thorns and Roses by Sarah J Maas: for some reason, I have seen a lot of fan art and even TikToks (?!) on this series and I feel like people hype it more than Throne of Glass and so I need to read it immediately!
- Save Us by Mona Kasten: the third book of the Maxton Hall Trilogy and I NEED to know how every thing turns out!!!!
#6 Recommend a short book!
With a little more than 300 pages probably more average than short, but super super worth it: Rivers of London! Full of London facts and descriptions, a gripping detective story and wizards and spirits and the supernatural world we never knew we needed in combination with crime!
#7 Recommend a long book!
I could have easily recommend to reread Twilight, but that would have caused to much rioting and uproar, so I’ll go with Chain of Gold instead. Despite it being the fourth big series in the Shadowhunters universe, the creative vane in Cassie Clare hasn’t run dry yet and the characters and the plot are everything we loved about The Dark Artifices and the rest!
#8 What’s something you’d love to do when stuck at home?
Cook an entire meal (many courses optionally) for a big family or bake something creative. Unfortunately, our household is either me and my mum or me and my dad and so I don’t have the option to bake cakes or huge sauces or something or else the rest would go to waste…
That’s it: I hope you enjoyed this tag and feel free to do it as well! Happy reading!!!