Wow – thank you so incredibly much, Rukky@ Eternity Books for nominating me! If you don’t already know her awesome blog, definitely go check it out (especially her discussion Let’s Talk Bookish!)! For the second time, let’s do this!
- Display the award logo on your blog
- Thank the person that nominated you
- Answer the 11 questions given to you
- Nominate other bloggers and give them 11 questions
#1 What’s your favorite kind of post to write?
While many bloggers would probably thing Isn’t that obvious: reviews?! that’s not my favorite post. For me, tags and odiscussions are the very best! I get to list stuff, incorporate many pictures and can just write whatever I feel like. Whenever I write reviews, I stick to a certain pattern I created for myself (order, information, content..) and that can easily feel like writing an essay – don’t get me wrong, reviews are great and I still very much enjoy writing them. But I often have to think very hard how to formulate the certain feeling I had reading that book and with tags, I can let my creativity flow…
#2 What do you do when you aren’t blogging?
Obviously, I read a lot – but I guess that’s not what the question is all about! Besides books, I love to cook for my mother, play tennis and hike! I don’t get to hike a lot because the mountains where I live can’t really be called mountains, but we visit the Alps every summer and Bozen in Italy as well where hiking is the very best!
#3 What’s your favorite dessert?
That’s easy for me – I would die for a Chocolate Soufflé. That’s my passion. Wherever I go, I always check the menu first and see if they have any (they often don’t) and order it right away! The best Chocolate Soufflé I ever had was in Paris, at a Brasserie called Bonfinger – love you, auntie, if you’re reading this! (She took me to Paris!)
Picture: the best one I ever had – I still dream about it!
#4 If you could spend a day with a famous person, alive or dead, who would it be?
OBAMA! I’m a huge fan! He’s such an inspirational politician and the earth would be in better hands were there more like him (or if Michelle2020 would be an option!). It would be an absolute dream to discuss his oval office years and how he managed to get to that certain point in his life, how he managed to push through and ignore the haters and most of all: how he managed to keep his cool though it all. Ps: my bestie went to NYC this summer and brought me these postcards featuring Obama!
#5 Why did you start your blog?
Reading was always a big part of my life and as I grew older, I started feeling the need to talk to somebody about my favorite characters and the stories I’d discovered and my parents were not an option, I don’t have any friends who read (sadly) and just thinking about the books was not enough. And so I found WordPress and quite spontaneously, I asked my parents if they would pay for it – and they agreed saying that if I was sincere about this, they would encourage this blog and so here I am.
#6 What’s your favorite animal?
Elephants! I think many people underestimate these majestic creatures. They are smart as heck and I think we can all learn from them.
#7 Who are your top three authors?
- Leigh Bardugo – every book of hers is magical. The best for me and for many others as well, is Six of Crows. But all her books contain powerful characters and especially protagonists, creative worlds, a gripping atmosphere and she is one of the best writers I have ever encountered.
- Cassandra Clare – the universe she created is beyond imagination. Shadowhunters is one of the best three series I have ever read with humorous and exciting plot, the most magical characters and a phenomenal fantasy world!
- JK Rowling – rereading Harry Potter throughout this past year made me realize that it is one of the most moving life stories ever created. I loved it before, but now I couldn’t imagine my life without it and JK Rowling’s magical writing style (her descriptions and world building!)
#8 What’s your biggest pet peeve?
I can think of some, so let me list my top three:
- when I’m the only one in the group to keeps track of time and then has to be the responsible one (and that has happened A LOT)
- hearing my alarm (whether randomly in public or actually when I wake up), my “specific” alarm just gets my goat
- people using “your” instead or “you’re” or vice versa
#9 What’s your favorite cuisine?
Again, that’s VERY difficult, so my top three:
- French (Entrecôte, lobster, pâté en croute, moules frites – I could devour everything!)
- Italian (pizza, pasta – marinara, bolognese, carbonara, truffles, frutti di mare; risotto, bruschetta, lasagne)
- Spanish (paella, tortilla, pulpo, gazpacho, chorizo)
#10 How many times have you changed the design of your blog?
Actually – I’m still using my original choice! It was the first one I saw and I really liked how it fit to my front image and the vibe I wanted to spread, so it’s the very first one! Of course, I’ve made some small alterations here and there, but that was more concerning the context of my blog rather than its design!
#11 What are your blogging goals for this year?
My original goal was 300 followers, but I’m almost there (OMG I can’t even believe it) and so I’m trying to get to 350 by the end of the year. It doesn’t really have anything to do with the numbers of followers, but with the principle behind it: When I gain followers, I feel happy and accomplished because I realize that some people like the things I write! And so it inspires me and makes me want to put effort into my posts because I know some people take their time and actually read what this girl has to say about her favorite books! And that’s magical!
Sahi @myworldofbooks Evelyn @evelynreads Rendz @readingwithrendz Kaya @afictionalbookworm Lori @lorisbookshelfreads Ash @onceuponabookshelf Ali @teaandturnedpages Ruqs @manythingsbookish Sarah @hamletsandhyperspace The Reading World + YOU, if you read this!
Please don’t feel pressured to do the tag!
- What was the best book you read this year?
- Did you discover any new favorite authors and if so, how?
- You’re stranded on an island and could only pick one book, which one would it be?
- What character can you relate to the most?
- List your Top Three favorite authors!
- What author do you own the most books of?
- Describe your favorite book store!
- Why did you start your blog?
- What is your number one pet peeve?
- What city would you love to travel to one day?
- What’s your favorite quote?
That’s it, I hope you enjoyed this award post and I’d love to hear your opinions on the questions! I hope you enjoy your day and happy reading!